quarta-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2014

Saying Goodbye to "Chapulín"

Of course, this has to be written in red!

Not many of my favorite stars had died yet. Thankfully! But once in a while it happens... Like in Fabruary, my favorite actress, Shirley Temple, died at the age of 85. I didn't expect to cry, but I did. And as soon as I found out about her death I thought about Chespirito, my favorite Mexican actor. They were almost the same age and he was about to turn 85. "Please God, don't let him be the next!" I thought. Well, he wasn't the next, there were Robin Williams before...
The months passed by and I began watching El Chapulín Colorado and El Chavo Del Ocho everyday again. I don't know if people in the United States or any country outside Latin America knows much about these shows. El Chapulín Colorado (found out later that he is also known as The Crimson Grasshopper) is a super hero (?) dressed in red with antennas that could detect the presence of the enemy and a yellow heart on his chest with the letters C and H. While El Chavo Del Ocho is a poor 8-year-old boy who lives in a village with lots of peculiar funny characters. Both of them were played by Roberto Goméz Bolaños (also known as Chespirito, which means "little Sheakspeare", and he is NOT Selena Gomez's father! ¬¬). I watch both shows since a very young age and I have no words to describe how much I love Chespirito's work! He did not only play the main characters in both shows, but he was the creator of them and many others! He also used to write each episode! He was fantastic and I simply had to tell it to the world! One day, while watching Chapulín (or "Chapolin" in Portuguese) I decided to write about him on my facebook page (not really a page, it's my profile), I saved lots of pictures of him on my cellphone just to choose one for my text. But guess what, I didn't really know how to put in words how I felt about him, so I decided to do it later. I even remember trying again another day, but all I could think about was "I love this guy! He's a genius!" didn't think it was enough. Thought I had a lot of time for my tribute. Even if he would never see it, it would mean I'm a decent fan. But before I could start to write my text my father told me a terrible new. Chespirito had passed away. I knew he was fragile, but I could never expect in a millian years he was going to die right on the week I was planning to write a special text about/for him. My world fell apart!
I didn't cry as I thought I would, only when I saw something about him on TV (I fell in tears everytime), but all I could think was "TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU WERE PLANNING TO DO, OR ELSE THEY'LL NEVER BELIEVE YOU WERE A BIG FAN OF HIM BEFORE HE DIED!" Truth is that, not only I planned to write a huge text about him, but I've also cried to have a Chavo doll, and I have a CD with it's songs, and a Chapulín shirt... And know all the episodes by heart! And you also can ask a friend of mine, who I used to say daily how cute I thought Chespirito was and how much I wanted him to be my grandpa or something like that. The guy was such a genius that he inspired me at age 9, when I decided to write plays. I usually was the main character and my friends were my supporting cast. I basically decided to write and act because of him. So Thank You Chespirito! For making me laugh, for making my childhood, teenage and adulthood the best! And most important, making me realize what I wanted to do with my life! I totally want to be like you!
Rest in Peace, you're mission here is more than accomplished!
"Siganme los buenos!" Yo voy a seguirte!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário